suggestions in improving accoustics in unfriendly enviroment

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reeman

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Please can you throw some advice my way in getting better accoustics out of this very unfriendly enviroment.

Cement walls, Tiled Floors, open plan kitchen.

I was thinking of making some accoustic pads for the walls above the 3 seater and behind the front speakers and above the tv which i forgot to include in the pic.....Its about the Home Theatre stand on the wall, i was also thinking of putting down a rug in the centre of the home theatre section in front of the 3 seater and 2 seater couch.

I am very aware that it will NEVER be a great enviroment but im sure it can be improved with the geniuses on this forum  :tongue: :teach:

I will be getting new speakers in the next month.

Currently i have a set of TLS Reference speakers, im looking at the Jamo S606 set.
Intergra DTR20.4 AMP
I have a sony sub <- This will have to wait for a upgrade. Getting married next year and the wife to be already isnt happy im buying new speakers, should be putting the money towards honeymoon :EGrin: :EGrin:

P.S please dont laugh at my quick illustration of the enviroment. :point: :point: :point:

Here is the link
http://tux.sainet.co.za/riaan/layout.png