Sub comparison - 2 x Energy V-SW10 vs Sunfire TS-EQ10

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyBawb

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Gents, opinions please.

I'm currently running 2 x Energy V-SW10's in my HT system, Energy's flagship sub - 300W sustained, 1200W peak output, 10" driver, dual rear ports, 23-120Hz ? 3dB

I've got a Sunfire True Subwoofer EQ10 Signature standing around, that I've put up for sale... 2700W, dual 10" drivers, sealed, 18-100Hz ? 3dB

Relatively big living room at around 7 x 6m, leading down a few steps into the bar area comprising of another 8 x 6m... listening position is about 4M away from the subs.

I've never tested the Sunfire - and beg the question as to whether I should? I realize on paper, the Energy subs trail behind the Sunfire - but they do a bloody good job of filling the space.... I don't really have a frame of reference for bass in an HT setup other than my own, which leaves me wondering whether the diminutive TS-EQ10 would fill the space as well as the Energy subs + provide the same kind of balance, and whether I'd notice the 5 Hz difference at -3dB?

I don't particularly feel like fiddling just for the sake of fiddling - but if someone tells me that there would be a pronounced improvement, I'd be willing to give it a fiddle.

Thanks in advance!

Bawb

Latest posts