Streamer-DAC-Cans

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarel.wagner

AVForums Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
Way way back in time I bought a new NAD 3020 when they were kinda known but was not considered anything on fire. Good for the time and on a small salary then. Had me some AR speakers with that and soon after the Yamaha HP1 headphones. It took quite some patience and saving time to stretch that far. Soon the AR's was replaced by Tannoys but the Yamaha HP1s endured to this day. Recently refurbished those as they were quite tatty. Still have the NAD 3020 but got rid of all the speakers of that time.

Eventually upgraded from the NAD to Yamaha and Marantz. Also managed to get me that Dynaco SCA-35. Back to today. The little WiiM mini streamer is just fantastic. To this I added the iFi Zen DAC One Signature and am driving the iFi Cans Amp via balanced feed. This in turn is driving the Yamaha HP1's in balanced mode. The balanced mod was done at the time of refurb. I now also have the Sennheiser HP660s And AKG K240's and a few others.

Just managed to get this whole lot setup. Now the listening can begin. In due time I will leave some thoughts and impressions.

Groetnis

Latest posts