Sony Radio Tuner - STR 1800

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imre

Reaction score
Hi,

This is the radio tuner i have and i have the Sony PS1150 Turntable.
I hope my attached image url works?
DSC_2411.JPG

I would like to know how i can get the Radio tunig knob, the actually silver knob that fits over the underlying block knob.
My daughter managed to get to it and its gone!

Another question i have is, when i turn up the bass a little i get a humming sound, I dont understand why.
I am testing this on the floor right now, i know we used to have this rigged up on a wooden table in the old days when i grew up in Hillbrow,

The Selector knob for SW1/2 FM and AM , is also not so kosher, it has a crackle when i turn it, only sometimes though,
I think it is also really old because i can some how turn it a little more than it can do , which seems odd? unless inside the casing it is not mounted tightly?

Another one, is the source/tape button, for some reason when i press the button to TAPE it still hear the record playing, and as far as i know back in the day when i used to connect my walkman to the radio's TAPE IN , you should only hear tape and not the record.

Any advise or suggestions , please .

Thank you so much