School phone/gadgets policy

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fdlsys

R.I.P 03/2024 Vinylist, DIYer
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
Fortunately, I only heard about this after the office hours, else... huh! There would be few lightly wounded over there...

Back to what happened;

My daughter's school has a no gadgets policy, but high-school students are allowed cell phones on account of them being mature and trustworthy, with a condition on using them strictly for phone calls - no games, no music listening (I kid you not). Or else... nothing - there are no specified penal actions. All that policy states is that it is not allowed.

My daughter ... got caught ... listening to music today during a break (not in the class!).
Her phone got promptly confiscated by the teacher that caught her.
OK, a bit if a heartbreak, but we would survive that.
Except... that when my wife went to claim the phone back after the school hours, the all-smiles director of the school said that she is terribly sorry, but rules are rules, they cannot make exceptions, blah, blah... so the phone remains locked in the school safe box for a month... WHAAAT-TF!?!?!?

Now, except for me going there on Monday and banging a few heads... is there a simple and efficient; clear, concise and legally consistent statement that I could rather use in the civilised manner, something along the lines:
"Would you please be so kind to return my daughter's phone right this second (before I chop your head off)"...

You know what I mean - private property, no right to confiscate let alone expropriate, sue them for my daughters heartache, lost time (my time as a contractor - tick-tock), illegal possession of my property (acquired by unjust force - same as armed robbery, no?), bring the police/sheriff to the door, whatnot...
???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts