Schiit Audio Dacs

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jes

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
I would like some opinions on Schiit Dacs from users on the forum. I have for a very short time started using a modi multibit now - barely run in but I am really enjoying it at the moment. There is a really nice smoothness to it that I am enjoying. Similar enjoyment I get from my vinyl. I am not a detail freak but enjoy a nice 'warm' sound with wide staging. This dac at the moment is giving me something I quite enjoy that I haven't gotten from a dac till now.

I am not sure if this is the multibit technology - I couldn't care about the technicalities of it and neither do I want to start a debate on the benefits of multibit - but would love to know if this is a feature of the Schiit Dacs across the board or only the multibits? Also, seeing that this is only their entry level dac - how much benefit is there are up the chain. I don't have the budget for a Yggdrasil but may consider a gungnir. Are there any other Dacs that may have given a similar sound to these?

By Schiit's own admission there is no real value to the bifrost in terms of sound quality over the modi except for upgradibility which is probably not very easy from here.

Most of my digital listening is to Tidal stream and what I have ripped from my old cd's - so mostly low bitrate FLAC and ALAC.

Latest posts