Samsung QA65Q7FAM - Annoyances

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolby

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
So, as some of you know I bought this set about two weeks back and actually do love the picture. It's fantastic set all round and for the price I paid, really a no brainer yo get. But there's a particular annoyance which is enough to want to smash the TV ... wondering if anyone else has come across this on either this or other models, as I really don't recall this on my H7000 or KU7000.

a) The sound settings always default to PCM. I switch to Dolby Digital and start playing my game, but the minute I leave that source, it defaults back to PCM (stereo). Same with the internal Smart TV. I switch to Dolby Digital for Netflix ... watch a movie ... and the next time I come back, it's defaulted to PCM stereo. This means a MENU > SOUND > EXPERT SETTINGS > DOLBY DIGITAL every single time. Anyone heard of this ?

b) The second thing is that TV is on FW 1210 - it doesn't find another and says it's uptodate. But, browsing around, I found a local site https://www.samsung.com/za/support/model/QA65Q7FAMKXXA/#downloads and I can download firmware 1230 ... which may fix a) above. The thing is, it gets to 99% and then tells me failed ...

I'm not quite sure if Samsung SA know what is going on either

Latest posts