Samsung experts: JU6600 vs KU7000 help please

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merlin3001

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Morning all, 
Hoping someone can just offer comments / experience.  I can potentially acquire a Samsung 65JU6600.  Presently I have a 60KU7000 (which is staying - but I have a place I have been eyeing for an extra TV).

I am just trying to get a sense around picture quality (PQ).  The current Samsung is a great TV and I run it in the movie mode mostly (although I find Natural mode a little better for 4K content on Netflix for me) - my only frustrations are what are to be expected I think.  1) When you get panning landscapes in movies etc - the image stutters along.  And 2) Blacks are not that black - especially when it's a heavily black / night scene via streaming - the black areas can be very jagged (for want of a better description). 

Would the JU6600 be any better? I know the model number is lower, but visually the TV looks like it was a higher end model in it's day and it has a one-connect box (which is not usually found on the more mass-market options).  The KU7000 is a great TV, but I am under no illusions about where it sits in the Samsung range.  Samsung model numbers can be misleading, so don't want to jump to wrong conclusions.

From what I can see on Samsung SA website, the JU6600 has the following extra features: Ultra Clear Panel, Clear Motion Rate 200hz (both are 100Hz Motion Rate TVs), Auto Depth Enhancer,  Natural Mode Support and Ultra Clean View (but who knows what any of this actually adds).  Plus not sure how much the curve adds to PQ / Experience.  The JU7000 has Contrast Enhancer which the KU6600 does not.

Or should I just wait until Black Friday and see if I can pick up one of the more basic Samsung QLED's like a 55Q70R for a bit off the ticket price?

Any thoughts or feedback appreciated and welcome. Thank-you.

Latest posts