Roon for Tidal or Wiim Pro with Tidal connect

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irengineer

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
I am at a bit of a crossroads and need some input. I currently use a Raspberry Pi with Roon endpoint software to connect two DAC's to my Roon server. I run a Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ and Lavaudio DS600. It is mainly for Bluetooth for pals to quickly play me a song from Spotify, Youtube music etc. My only music service is Tidal, I have no other music on a NAS etc. My plan is to order a Wiim Pro and use the optical into the Brooklyn DAC. This gives me Tidal and Spotify connect, while using the Mytek. The downside seems to be that MQA (which works great with Roon and the Mytek) on the Wiim only goes to 24/192. Not a major issue, as most Tidal Masters fall within this specification anyway, apart from some 2L classics. Is it worth it going this route, or do I stick with Roon, and add the Wiim as an optical input that I can select on the Mytek when pals want to play a track via Bluetooth or Spotify/Tidal connect? I am also ordering a Topping E50 MQA DAC to try that out. The Wiim will only support 1 DAC with the connect features, while the Roon/Pi setup will support up to 4.

Advice?

Latest posts