Room Correction Using JRiver Parametric EQ

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scubadude

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Hi all,

In a moment of unrestrained self-indulgence I decided to buy a set of classic loudspeakers that will definitely require some form of room correction. I have a fairly large lounge / dining room, with a small entrance lobby and open plan kitchen sprouting out to the left, and lightly-curtained, large widows and glass sliding door leading to a covered patio on the right. At the back of the 9m long room, the lounge morphs into a very effective echo chamber that doubles as a hallway. The painted knotty pine ceiling slopes down right to left across the 5m room width, from around 4m to 3m height. Flooring is tiles with a loose carpet in front of the system.

As the minister of interior decorating won't allow acoustic room treatment purely for the sake of acoustics (and to be honest, neither does my limited free time) I am wondering if my experiences with Jriver's parametric EQ in the headphone space can translate to rudimentary room correction. Has anyone tried this? How effective is it and what is required to make it work?

Latest posts