Possibly Upgrading My System

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XL1000

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I recently purchased two batteries off SSS (Scotts Shipping Service) `1 X 24V 100AH and 1 X 24V 200AH.
Given that these took over three months to arrive, I am looking at selling these and the inverters I have as I am thinking I may just as well go full Solar!
I am thinking of an 8KVA Inverter with 2 X 5KWH Batteries and 14 X Solar Panels - May even go the GoSolr route.

I'm open to comment and if there is interest in the batteries it would be at the current price of Scott's Pre-Orders for March.
The benefit would be you don't have to wait three months.
I have 2 X Schneider Homaya 2000VA Inverters. (One is brand new unopened - The other was brand new and used for a few months) I've used one for a few months already with a Lithium battery I purchased locally that has Bluetooth built-in and it says it's run 26 cycles so far.
I can't recall it ever having gone below 55% SOC and usually only to 65% as we used it for only 1 TV and Marantz 5012 in the evenings and weekends when we had load-shedding. (65" U7G HiSense)
Subject to replacing my current system, I would let this additional 24V 100AH battery with 26 cycles go too. I paid R11K for it new.

Latest posts