Paradigm Speakers

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi all

As we all know, speakers are a hugely subjective thing, and we spend our money on what?s makes us (sonically) happy.  :groovy:  I also appreciate that one?s electronics also play a role in what we hear, and what we like.

About six or seven years ago, I decided to upgrade my B&W 602 S2?s.  I went out and did some investigation surrounding B&W, Kef, Boston, Polk and Paradigm.

In the end it came down to the B&W 705?s  :BANDW: .  I was all but ready to place the order, until I auditioned the Paradigm Reference Studio 40 V 4?s. 

It was an absolute no brainer to me, and I placed the order.  I?ve been extremely happy with these speakers, being driven by Marantz kit.

Having been lurking around the forum for a few years I?ve seen very little discussion about Paradigm. I also know that people also tend to paint them with the ?Home Theatre Only? brush, which I don?t think is really true. (again, all subjective)  :teach:

The short of it is, I've been very happy with my choice.

My questions are thus:

Am I a rare person in South Africa, who likes the sound of these speakers? (Seems to be a quite strong international following.)
Has the Home Theatre Only perception resulted in less interest in stereo followers, despite the excellent reputation of the Signature series? As a general rule, I?ve noticed that shops selling primarily stereo kit are deeply disparaging towards the name.

Anywho, just interested.  Feeling like the lone appreciator!

Latest posts