Pandora's Box Arcade console

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1200GXman

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hi all
My friend bought this Pandora's box arcade game thing. You plug it in onto the TV with an HDMI cable and then play the usual MAME games most of us played in the arcade.
Luckily before I decided to buy one myself I let my 2 children take it for a test run when we were there for a braai. I am a little disappointed in the following:
Some of the classics I grew up with don't work properly. Mortal Kombat pulls to much resources and is very slow and jittery. Some games you cannot play as two player although it can go up to 4 player in the Arcades.
So my question, does anyone have one of these that are maybe newer model that these problems were sorted out?
He has a old school Arcade tower also loaded with the games but the CRT screen is giving issues. Wanted to get this fixed (apparently needs a recap on the screen board) and buy it as he wants to sell it but my wife says it will take up too much space.

Latest posts