Outdoor projector - help

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goonchild

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hello, everyone

I'm thinking of doing some occasional (once-in-blue-moon) film projection outdoors in the warmer months and would like to so so without breaking my tiny little piggie bank. (Before you ask about budget, take whatever amount you think is cheap and halve it!) I'm putting myself at the tender mercies of the forum because I'm really quite ignorant both generally, of course, and about projectors.

I'd appreciate any suggestions for a machine (esp. one that can be found secondhand) that can be moved about without too much fuss, produces a bright enough image for outdoor use and (preferably) can do 1080p natively (would 720p will do at a pinch?). The outdoor area to be used is small: about 7m by 3m.

Suggestions for sound would also be greatly appreciated. I don't need stadium-concert levels of sonic oomph. Would e.g. a 'soundbar' be up to snuff, or could a pair of old Technics doof-doof-type speakers do the job, do you think?

Cost-effectiveness (i.e. cheapness) and convenient portability are prime considerations because the 'cinema' will have to be moved outside and brought back in.

I thank you in advance for kind input.

Latest posts