Office speakers

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

u235

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
We had a company function on Wednesday, for which I dragged in my wife's old Technics amp and Mission 760is. It sounded brilliant! Now I want to get the office its own speakers, and I'm not sure how to start the selection.

The space is 6m wide and 8m deep, with a thick carpet over underfelt over concrete floor and a suspended ceiling with good-quality ceiling tiles. 2 1/2 sides are brick, 1 1/2 sides dry walling with think pink in the middle.

There is a projector screen in the middle of the 6m side, three windows in it, a sliding glass door in half of the 8m side. Two stub dry walls protrude about 2m from the right hand wall. The only significant piece of furniture is a pool table to one side.

I want the speakers for functions and for presentations, which might include multimedia, HT, or whatever. They must wall-hung to keep out of the way of the cleaners. For the moment I just want front speakers, but I'll probably get some rears/surround in the next few months, so compatibility is a factor.

Budget is about R5k. 2nd-hand is also OK.