Nuprime ida-8

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Francois

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am amazed.... really I am. Ill summarize in notes.

1) Its sh..t small - again... I managed to get my speaker cable to behave and not toy with the thing. Its WEIGHT helped a lot  :giggle:
2) It loooks ok... I would LOVE a bigger screen...not to crawl to the screen to see  :ticked:
3) The DAC is very good. Really was a breeze to install, worked 1st time... no driver download  :2thumbs:

4) WTF is this made off....where does all that power come from ?
4.1) On the Vivid 1.5 - the BEST I EVER heard the Vivids sound...bliksim...clear clear airy... and super fast tight bass!!
4.2) On the Wilson Watt/Puppy - I would love, no beg the naysayers of these speakers to visit.... you will die/cry/whimper... Where the hell does that CONTROL on the bass come from ?
4.3) On the Duntechs  >:D... Yes it did brilliant.... but the 4 x 12" got the better of it on bass heavy tracks.... but it played LOUD

5) Where does this QUALITY come from
5.1) The Vivids were clear clear.... I picked songs that immediately irritates on lesser amps. Sweet... not like the better valve rigs but better than MOST SS amps....dare I say it on par with the Plinius I have in some ways
5.2) Midrange is good to very good...not like the Exclame or John's monoblocks but close.... Tops perfect neutral... no loss of info here
5.3) Even on the duntechs the quality comes through

Would I buy it ? Yes, I want one and will have one for demo asap!
Giant Killer - ? A very old giant...pre 1990 Yes...
Threat to Class A ? Yes, the technology really maturing well...
Threat to Valve ? - NO... not as sweet or romantic
Can I listen to it for hours ? Now THAT Ill answer as soon as I get myself one....  :thumbs:

Latest posts