Not impressed with my new phone.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumb and Dumber

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
So I got myself a premium phone for the first time. I always just stuck to acceptable. Previous phone is a Samsung J4. I got a Samsung S21 Ultra.
The specs is sooooo much better than my old J4. Heck its got more ram than my laptop ;D Generally its so much better in every aspect and ''maybe'' worth the premium price. But it does not came with a charger, the sales assistant said the cable included can be plugged into any USB port and the other end with USB Type-C will plug into the phone. So at home the cable had Type-C ports at both ends. If my PC did not have a Type-C port at the back, my phone could not have been charged last night.

The only issue I have with this phone is its camera. Its advertised as the best thing in this world. My old phone only has 13MP. This one is 108MP. I expected too much. I thought I can now sell my video camera and normal camera since it can even take 8K video. Not that I have a device to look at 8K video. But not so. It does not perform as expected at all. Maybe I must just learn all its settings and I might judge to quickly. But there is not much. I downloaded the full manual and there is not enough said about the camera.
I cannot for example set the MP level of the camera in settings as easily as on my old phone, and as on for example a P40 Lite. They say its got 10X optical zoom. I only get 1X, 2X, 4X and 6X.
Then there is 100X digital zoom.
How do you access 10X optical zoom and 100X digital zoom.
I really thought you could manually select say 12Mp, 48Mp, 64Mp and 108Mp, or something like that, zoom levels etc. But its not just a click of the settings button away.

Can someone who mastered their phones camera please give me a quick tutorial :)
I just want to know 3 things.
How to change the resolution of the camera.
How to fully use the optical zoom to 10X
How to use digital zoom from 1X to 100X.