My easter weekend trip.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Des Miles

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
OK so a few good weeks after my trip, I'm feeling back to normal. My daughter decided a road trip over the Easter weekend and insisted she drag me with. My daughter loves to explore new places and towns she has never seen, even if the place is a shit hole. I jumped in and shut up. So ended up in Graaff Reinet and slept there. Now I was really surprised, what a beautiful little town. There is a Spur, Wimpy and KFC, I mean that is civilisation. The next day was completely different. WE ended up in Nieu Bethesda. OK this place is the verbal one-horse town. Ended wonder around with nothing to do, then saw sign, " The Owl house" OK that grabbed my attention, I remember seen about it on SABC TV. Had to see and take photos. I know it's about woman artist, Helen Martins. Walked through the whole house till the last bedroom that belonged to Helen. When I entered her room, I immediately felt there was something very wrong. I felt dread, I've never felt so scared before, I mean it was sunny outside at 2pm. in the afternoon. I took a picture of the room and felt I had done something wrong and got out of there. When I got home in PE put my pictures onto PC and look at pics again and that woman's bedroom and still felt funny, I realised that what I had did wrong was that I shouldn't have taken that photo. Started to google about that house and Helen Martins. When she was in her 70's and her sight staring to fail, she decided to commit suicide, and of all things she swallowed caustic soda I mean she must have been through hell on that bed and pillow. It took her three days to die, In the photo you can still see her shoes at the bottom of the bed. Anyway, I'm over it now, but there is something skeef and not right in that house.

DSCN0679.JPG

Latest posts