Musings

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanjammy

AVForums Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I was nearing the pot of gold at the end of the audio rainbow, I really did.

I found that special set of speakers that not only gelled with the room, they also have magic. Real magic. Like catching a Mermaid sort of shit.

I was happy with my source. It had been massaged with USB converters, DAC boards. The amp was selected after trying many suitors.

Finally, the preamp was fitted with absurdly rare gold pin Mullards, and the system sounded breathtaking. Every listening session was goosebumps. I was so happy.

Then I got a better Lampi. It had to be better, right? Well, the answer is I don't know. It sounded slightly different, but because I was analyzing I stopped enjoying it seems.

Then cutout the pre. Once again, sounded similar objectively, just no more goosies.

Try more angel fart rare valves. 6SN7s blessed by the gods. Marvel at extra depth on stage.

Then I plugged in the Devialet, and blow me over with a feather if this little silver box doesn't sound exactly the friggin same.

After a day of frustration I've come to no conclusion at all. Other than that I may be mad. We all probably are...

Goodnight guys.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk