Music Journey Milestone

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdejongh

AVForums Member
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
When I started reading this forum, I was nowhere regarding hifi and surround sound knowledge. And regarding having actual equipment.

I do not regard myself as a muso, I have always enjoyed good music, but listening to music was not a major constant in my life.

I assembled a NAD/Monitor Audio as my first real hifi system last year. Listening to it was enjoyable, and non-fatiguing. I was pleased. I listened to old songs
over and over. It had limits, yes, but the stuff in between the limits was good enough to bring many smiles, even outright surprise with certain songs.

I then upgraded the power amp to a Classe 70. I was dragging my feet, the amp was lying around for a while, I thought, meh, how much difference is it going to make.
Hooked it up, and *bam*, new system. New listener. Paradigm shift.

Then, most recently, I acquired an Audio Research LS2B MKII line stage/pre-amp. To me, it looked ordinary. So old, and ordinary. Could a pre-amp make a difference ? It is mos just
a volume control, lane changer etc. ?

LOL. I have lost count of the number of times I have turned to the system and thought - "Are you kidding me ? Is that even possible ?!!"

Music now _moves_ me. Goosebumps, tears, laughter the lot. I do not recall experiencing music like this before. It is *** great. I love it.

I sit at work and actually look forward to having a listening session at home.

Note that I am running off an iMac, with a cheap RCA cable, with cheap interconnects, and very entry-level speaker cable. All that will change, and I look forward
to even better performance.

Going forward, I reckon I will be downgrading the car, and rather financing sound equipment :)

Cheers to the forum on this Saturday night, thanks for the assistance, thanks for being there  :dop:

Latest posts