Looking for more SLAM in my system

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannibal

AVForums Member
Reaction score
My sytsem is (still) a ML38S pre ML331 power, Rotel rcd970 cd player, Project RPM6, B&W802N in a dedicated 6x4 room.

A while ago I posted a plea for help for solving a poor bass problem. Wayne of HFX paid me a visit and within an hour or so had the system and the room sounding 100% better. ( He discovered, using electronic measurement tools that there was a serious dip in and around 55 hz right at the listening position ) He solved it by cahnging the Speaker and listening position and I now have wonderful smooth deep bass.

As per any "normal" audiophile (I think) I want MORE, wilst I love the wonderful foundation and layered bass that the system is generating I need more absolute SLAM mixed in.

The 802's are on Spikes, The Rotel stands on Sorbathane Feet on a very solid but make shift inverted loudspeaker stand (Good Quality, sand filled and secured to 3 heavy Granite slabs which stand on the carpet ) As does the Project RPM 6.  The pre amp is also on Sorbathane feet on a Granite slab (Bread board size) on a Bench which is Heavy but vibrates a little bit I suspect. The power AMP is on two Granite Slabs on the Floor.

Does anyone see any way I can eek (tweak) out some more tighter mid bass without losing the real low end I already have?

Latest posts