Lenco L70/B52 build

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

young gun

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hi all,

This is the 1st post to my Lenco L70/B52 build on a birchwood ply base. A friend sold me a rather ratty L70 about a year ago and then I found a B52 about a month ago that looks like the motor and idler assembly are in better condition than the L70 so I am hoping its an easy transplant. I've been lurking for awhile so I have a faint idea of whats going on but there will be many questions im sure :) I'll be keeping the stock tonearm from the L70 as its evidently not that bad, lets see how it goes.

Here's the 1st pic, Jess refused to move :)

hxu7CBdh.jpg

and here's some 3D renders i've been messing with. My favorite is the 1st one, i'm looking to go with a more elegant approach.

ZbGnadJh.jpg

and although I love the naked ply look, I managed to create a really unique fish for a set of speaker stands that I did so I want to go with this for the plinth.

uo2eE8Jh.jpg

This is going to be a steep learning curve for me which is why i have probably put it off for a year :) so excuse the questions.

This will be the same thread I create on the Lencoheaven forum :)

http://www.lencoheaven.net/forum/index.php?topic=18959.msg265934#msg265934