Kudos for three retail outlets/suppliers

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Weston

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
So pretty much everyone knows that Samsung recently showed excellent customer service by offering to replace my out of warranty plasma with a super deal on a soon to be delivered E series plasma.

A good mate of mine has a 3 year old Samsung lcd that has just packed up. Samsung have offered to 'buy back' his old lcd and he will pay in the difference on a new model. Well done to them on this too!

They say things always happen in threes so here are my other two cases....

LG Direct Drive washing machine: purchased from Hirsch's Centurion just under 2 years ago. The machine is still in warranty. For the past who knows how long, this machine has been periodically dispensing the softener at the same time as the washing powder. Mix these two together and you have a recipe for ruined clothes! LG have been out twice, cannot replicate the problem and simply don't have an answer. I went back to Hirsch's and after a bit of negotiation, they have purchased my machine back at the full price I paid for it and I have then paid in the difference to get one of the Samsung Eco Bubble machines. Great service from Hirsch's and not so good service from LG SA. All LG SA wanted to do was take the machine away for a week and try and find the fault. I just wasn't interested in the schlep to be honest....
To top it off, the one LG technician told me that he's aware of this problem and nobody really knows how to fix it. Google also brings up a couple of similar issues with other owners....

I've purchased loads of items from Hirsch's and have always found them to be awesome when it comes to client service! Yes, they are usually more expensive with their ticket prices but I have yet to walk out of their store without them matching or beating the best price I could find at another retailer for the item I wanted.

Serta beds in conjunction with Beds for Africa: A week before my back op in Aug 2010, I purchased one of their top of the range beds that would give me the necessary support for my back post op and into the future. At the time I purchased this bed, I had had a faulty Serta bed which they had taken away and made me pay in the difference to get the better bed. Fast forward almost two years and I have started to struggle with back and leg pain, especially in the morning. Serta came out and inspected the bed and deemed it to be faulty. The bed had started to collapse on my side and was probably the reason why I wasn't getting the 'worlds best nights sleep!'

Anyway, Serta called me last week to invite me to their showroom in Midrand. I've been told that I can choose any bed from the current Serta range, even beds that are more expensive than our current broken bed. I'm still to choose the bed but I will do so in the next week.
They apologised for me having two faulty beds in a row and even explained why the most recent bed has started to fail. Does it make me wary of Serta and possibly having another issue in the future? Perhaps but their customer service really makes me feel like they wouldn't let me down again even if something else went wrong.....

Let's hope it's the last of my appliance/furniture failures!!

Latest posts