KEF KF92 subwoofer issue

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RRankin

AVForums Member
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
I have 2 x KEF KF92 subwoofers, can just reiterate previous statements that they are the best subs I have had in any of my systems over the years. Amazing output, extension and definition.

Anyway, what is not good is that one of them stopped playing. It still switches on, and receives input signal (the status light at the back turns green from red showing that it comes out of standby mode).

However, no sound, and another telltale is that the RCA output from this which is fed to another (REL) subwoofer had developed an audible hum that can be heard from the REL sub.

I have checked and eliminated all other input error possibilities by switching subs, the other KEF plays perfectly on either channel. So the issue is definitely with this sub.

I know these subs are relatively scarce in South Africa, but perhaps someone here have experience they can share?

Also, who would you recommend I take this to (Gauteng, North West)? I'm always thinking Roland Vlok, unless the agents / importers have someone specific trained on these subs?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Latest posts