JMPD Arrogance and ignorance - followed by a "mild assault"

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dheran

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Just something i experienced last night with JMPD

A JMPD Bakkie provided lighting with his bakkie as his friends worked on an electrical box outside my home. To make sure they didnt cut our electricity and also the fact that i found it strange that metro provided the lighting for whatever that was going on i approached them and asked soooo politely what they were doing, my exact words were "what are you guys doing with the electricity"

That flipped this officer off, said he had nothing to with what was going on and he got quite irate and arrogant. Seeing this i left, but took a pic of his no plate. He was really pissed by now and got out off his van, attempted and succeeded in taking my phone, smashed it on the floor and assumed he broke it. Grabbed me by the neck and his friend held me, in short i was just shoved around. No major injuries except a small cut on a finger and a wrecked phone, although it still works.

I went to report the incident at SAPS and the guys convinced me that it my word against Metro and the end result is that it may not end well for me to pursue this so i left without reporting the incident.

The guy knows where i live and logic tells me to forget about it.... and i have a 4yr old girl

So its "forgotten".

WHat would you guys have done? Has anybody experienced this sort of ignorance?

Im sure the next time i see this i would look the other way. There is no recourse for you as a south african
The times we live in... eish

Latest posts