Is anybody else having problems with their DSTV Explora Model 2A?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeonardF

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I noticed one of our Explora decoders was not working. It was just showing a DSTV logo on the TV and on the front panel was displaying "loAd".

I took the unit into the Multichoice customer service center in Randburg this morning and they tried to reset it twice but it failed to reset/ re-format and I was told (as I don't take the DSTV insurance) that my options are:
[list type=decimal]
[*]buy a refurbished one for R600 or
[*]by a new one for R799 (Explora 3 but they are out of stock) or
[*]Buy a new Explora ultra for R2299

[/list]

I would also need to buy a diplexer as the new decoders don't have a RF in to accept the heartbeat cable from my Explora 1 for extraview.

I opted for the 4th option which was to think about it. As I was exiting I saw someone else outside by the queue I knew and mentioned why I was there. They explained that they were there for the same reason and that their Explora 2A had also also stopped working yesterday and was showing the same LOAD freeze. Someone else in the Queue also overheard our discussion and was standing there with their Explora 2A and said theirs also stopped working yesterday with the same LOAD problem.

I am now wondering if this was a software/firmware update that went out on Saturday and has failed on the Explora 2A. Our Explora 1 is still working.

Is anybody else having problems with their DSTV Explora Model 2A?

Latest posts