I cant believe how could it swings..

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

achim

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Is is advertising? Maybe..but it comes from the heart. There aren't much or many surprises in a HiFi Life... I mean real surprises.

I got these brand new Unison Research MAX 1 Speakers.... each at almost 50kg of italian beauty.... The idea(l) of designing these particular speaker was to find an ideal partner for the small Valves from Unison Research....like Triode 25, Simply Italy or S 6MKII.

The goal here was to design a "big speaker" which is also able to perform at lowest Volume...but still capable to deliver finest details and layers of the music.

I connect my Simply Italy which I believe is one of the finest Valve Integrated in its price range, I kept it simple and choose a rega Apollo R CD Player.....and I couldn't believe my ears when I got back into my listening room after I let this gear playing nonstop for almost 72 hours.

Voices.......so crisp and clear, so real how I would expect this from a Systems 5-10 times the price. Complex music....every instrument, every musician nailed to his place in the orchestra....and oposite to most Systems I had ..the challenge and fun became to play on a low and lower Volume to find out when it will "collapse".... and it never does....

I could write pages about how much I m excited about this experience - but take it as an invite to break with all you believe you ll get
or could get for below 100k.

This gear murders.......

Latest posts