Horn Envy build

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanjammy

AVForums Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
After years of watching others build horns, I have decided to commission a set for myself.

Since I am all thumbs my contribution will be design and chequebook. I will be keeping my woodworking impulses sated by banging together some OBs while I wait, to learn and test some concepts.

I have bled @Timber_MG for help, and his input has been invaluable. Happy for input from the Hive Brain.

The plan is to use Yuichi 290, atop a set of sealed 150l cabs. I have sourced a set of RCH ND850 for the horns, and have listened and measured in a test horn. So far so good.

The woofer will be Beyma SM115N as a start. My view is to maybe splurge on an AE if the build warrants. The rationale for the sealed enclosure is that drivers can be interchanged.

The horn will be machined from Walnut (we sourced and bought today), and the woofer enclosure stacked plywood, following the shape of the horn with irregular interior surfaces.

Keeping my options open for crossover. I have just bought a MiniDSP SHD, and have anplifier channels. Alternatively would like to build a passive network.

Should be fun.

3c3a8bdab26d51c7f6f7077c15939db8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Latest posts