High-End Audiofoolery

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baseline

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Levinson says the current high-end audio world has become a mafia that tries to take as much money as possible from music lovers while only giving the same things over and over again in new packages.
Full story: https://www.headphonesty.com/.../audiophile-icon-calls.../
May be an image of ‎1 person and ‎text that says '‎0 Track 1/9 1:47 ن 3 ต่น 기01 AUDIOPHILE ICON CALLS OUT THE 'MAFIA' TACTICS OF LUXURY AUDIO MARKET‎'‎‎

I absolutely agree and said so a while ago when the Moya was launched. I understand that one is paying for the research and development that went into the final product as well as the exotic materials being used but... how does one justify the price gap between the Vivid G1 Spirit which was the flagship model and the Moya. The sound difference most certainly will not justify the extra expenditure.
Levinson also mentioned "his tendency to sometimes overlook technical specs in favor of subjective sound interpretations. While these personal impressions are important, Levinson argues that there should be a balance between the two and that precise engineering shouldn’t be overlooked." This resonates with me in that what the ear ultimately hears is more important than what the technical specs indicate.

Last edited: