Hidden problems with new house buy

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juan

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
I need some help, my parents bought a house cash via an estate agent a month ago in Kleinmond to retire in. a Week after the deal is done and the house is on there name they decided to start with cleaning and upgrades. By surprise they notice wet damp that is visible on the walls but it was not like that on inspection, closer look they see the house was re painted inside but not every wall just some areas. The filling behind the paint is also still wet so it was done before the house was listed at the agents.
Next they start removing the old laminated floors and a nightmare reveals himself, the floor all over the house dropped about 40mm and crakes all over under the lamination and moist and wet. So this means all the flooring and filling needs to be removed and new filling, compacting and new top floor.
So the previous landlord did not disclose anything as in writing and he does not know of any problems with walls and floors, the estate agent pulls up there skinny shoulders and say there is nothing my patents can do about it because they bought the house cash and that means its "voet stoots"  :nono:
Giving the house back to the previous seller is no option because he used the money already and repairing will cost then 1/4 of the value of the house so can they do ?

Latest posts