Hewlett Packard printers (and others of this Ilk)

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mafioso

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
A few weeks ago, my 'all-in-one' HP inkjet printer/scanner/fax/etc started playing silly buggers. I had it for less than a year and it had used up at most 3 sets of HP inkjet cartridges which cost almost as much as the machine.

I tried a few tricks such as removing and re-loading its software but its gnashing of gears persisted.

So I thought to hell with it and went to Game and bought (stupidly) another HP with similar facilities - this time a model 6950 with a lot of additional features I don't understand or need.

This piece of shite insists on 'servicing' itself whenever I need to print something. Second, the supplied sofware doesn't exactly match the model number although the correct number is printed on the disc. To overcome this problem, I tried installing the thing via the HP website  but this also doesn't work properly.

Anyway, very predictable, the damned thing ran out of ink today - after about 25 A4 b&w and 5 or 6 colour copies.

I found out this morning, its 4 cartridges cannot be refilled and there are no generics.

Bottomline: 4 cartridges (1 black and 3 colour) will cost me R1 465.- incl VAT. The printer (from Game) cost me R1 399.- (can't remember if it included VAT).

It seems all of these printer floggers are hellbent in screwing over their sucker customers.

Btw, I consider myself lucky. After not too much trouble, I got rid of the previous HP printer together with a set of sealed HP cartridges. So, I'm back to square one. K@k of betaal if I want to print a few things.

skollie