Filling Laser Printer Cartridges

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MorneDJ

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Anyone have experience on this.

We recently bought a new Canon multifunction printer to replace an HP printer that has been giving problems. So I call around and got a reference for a person that can fix. Went and dropped the printer at his place. Saw masses of cartridges that I have been throwing away for the past few years. He actually will purchase old laser printer cartridges.

He refills, so I decided to give it a try. Just got the refilled cartridge from him. Works 100%. R400. They replaced the chip and added toner. He said they totally changes wearable parts, although I have looked and cannot really see what was replaced. So the jury is open on that. Just finished a 200 page document, no problem.

Learned a few things:
  • Most manufacturers makes use of HP cartridges
  • The same HP cartridge that was re-branded by Canon costs R200 (black) to R400 (colour) less
  • Huge cost saving. Just spend R8,000 last week on getting a new set for the Canon. Will be ordering the HP3600 cartridges in future, which is about R6,000 a set. FFS !!!!!!!!!!
  • We getting ripped of. The cartridges can be theoretically refilled indefinitely, although he said that one can easily refill a laser cartridge 1- - 15 times
  • Never throw old cartridges away. You can sell an old cartridge for between R20 and R40 each!!!
  • Most printer jams is due to paper. Do not keep paper in the printer for long periods without using it. It attracts moisture.

Latest posts