Help with squeezing that final bit out of my system

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike M

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hi All

I had an acquaintance (who has seriously more knowledge about Hi-Fi than I am ever likely to have) come around to my place to listen to my system. After listening for an hour or so, his verdict was that the system lacked presence and that he believed that my speaker cables were the weak link and that they are chocking the system. My speaker cables are the Van Den Hul  (CS - 122 HYBRID - I think).

I don't want to go and fork out bucks on cables when I am not even sure if they are the week point. So, here is the very cheeky question to Cape Town members. Does anyone perhaps have a set of speaker cables that I can try out in my system that are considered to be neutral and high resolution that will just let the music flow (Ok, no wise comment from our coat hanger advocacy group ;)) .

One consideration is that the binding posts on my amps are approximately 400mm apart so most of the pre-made cables do not work on my system. One of the draw backs on the Emotiva XPA-1's. These are monoblocks so short length's will work. Bi wire cables can also work.

Regards
M