Finding an amp...

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimiJames

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Being relatively new to all this awesome AV stuff, and a little overwhelmed by all the choices and stats out there, I was hoping the guys that had done this before could send some pointers my way?

I have the following setup: B&W ( :BANDW:  :tongue:) CM9s as stereo/fronts, CMC2 as centre, CM5s as surrounds, DS6S3s as rears, and an old ASW CM as a sub. These are currently all powered by a Marantz SR6003 (7x110w receiver), which doesn't do a terrible job, but seems to struggle a bit when the volume gets turned up too high.

From what I've read, feeding CM9s seems to be the way to go, so I'd like to invest in some extra beef for them, but I'd like to power the CMC2 and, if possible, the CM5s aswell.

Obviously this all comes at a cost. The problem is I'm really struggling to figure out what that cost should be, and what my options are! I'm only currently vaguely familiar with some Rotel options, and almost purchased a RB993 and RB990 to power all 5 channels (the sale fell through, unfortunately).

So my question is, what else is out there, and am I being ridiculous hoping to get away with around R10k (my budget is actually R8k, but I could stretch if that's my only option) to decently power 5 channels with 200w each?

Thanks
James

Latest posts