Fiber broadband and Buffering

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcalli

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Good day.
Hope this is the right section.
Some advice please.
Tuesday the 4th, my Fiber line went down for about 12 hours. When eventually it was restored, I noticed all the streaming channels which worked seamlessly/perfectly before the outage, started buffering.
I reported it to ISP who eventually acknowledged that it’s a problem with the FNO – line was provisioned but to date buffering persists.
Tests run: PingPlotter 5 direct to ONT (excluding Router hubs etc.) seems to show problems – pocket loss and latency, but FNO claims that they fixed fault - yet buffering persists. I can't read/ interpret them properly though – so at ISP’s mercy.
CMD: Tracert and Ping test to IP address’ of all wired devices – all OK. Even did one direct to Android Box.
I also contacted Android TV app developer who checked and said they don’t have any issues on their side. Tried another app with the same buffering issues.
Streaming CNN on PC also now buffers which it didn’t before.
I rebooted Android Box, cleared cache and data, deleted all junk files.
Any suggestions of how to proceed. I’m sure the FNO will tell me that they have done all they can, but I know that system worked before the outage and now it doesn’t.
Am I’m missing something?
FNO: TTConnect
ISP: Cool Ideas
Speed: 50/50 supposed to be – now in the 40’s.
Thanks. Your assistance will be appreciated.

Latest posts