Education on panel speakers

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matomehb

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
I've bought and sold gear over the past years and think its time to take it easy a bit.....that endless upgrading thirst  need to come to a halt. The latter scenario was due to lack of understanding on the significance of gear matching and synergy thereof, room acoustics, etc.

So, one of the opportunities I have been missing is to try panel speakers in the circle of Magneplanars, etc. Research is informing me that such speakers, including the open baffle designs, produce sound differently from box speakers, and they perform well in any room setup i.e. treated/non treated rooms.

I am asking fellow members in the forum who've got hands on experience with these speakers to educate me on whether it is fact that they can be a game changer in a room that is reflective (open plan situation) or not. Literature regularly refers to planar/panel/electrostatic, and so forth...

The outcome could have impact on my future choice of loudspeakers. Looking forward to your inputs guys.....

Thanks

Latest posts