DONT turn this into a Cable war...

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Francois

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Can we throw some ideas around ?

I went to a lady (absolutely NON audiophile friend)" to salvage my VERY expensive silver IC. Its 10mm, lots of silver coated copper - solid core.

Now dont give me crap, SHE picked what she liked. The problem is she consistently HEARD a difference and EVERY time picked to Slinky Link 99.9% pure silver cable...  Yea I HOPED she would pick the copper one.

Now here is the open question:

1) I assume and logic tells me a 1-2mm solid copper wire of 1m is the "standard" the way it "should" sound... un-tuned and modified
2) Will a solid silver core .7mm wire with roughly 10x better conductivity and NO bad oxidation on outer skin (we now current doesnt run in centre of cable but outside), sound different at least ?
3) will 400 strands twisted and snuggled up sound different to solid single strand ? Capacitance ? Inductance ?
4) will changes in capacitance or inductance modify it audibly ? Yes I know there are papers saying yes/no/maybe
5) can one with multiple conductors/sleeving/isolation "modify" the signal ?
6) I am fully aware Transparent and MIT "modify" the signal with their boxes inline. It HAS to, you are adding components parallel and series to original flow....
7) Can it be that thevdHul Revelation with its mix of Carbon/Silver/Copper "tune" the sound to be more mellow ? Like a bandpass filter ?
8) Is it possible the 100% carbon cable are lacking treble ? Because of 100k strands of carbon that are 100x LESS conductive than copper ?
9) Can one "create" a filer with multiple coating of copper/gold/solver ?

Yes I AM building a set of 4 cables to be demonstrated to people. No shootout. First we will determine if panel hear differences. I dont CARE what is best/good whatever. I want to understand WHY.

Guys, if you want to trash this discussion, please pssss off ?

I really dont want to stir k@k and really want people to feel RELAXED sharing their thoughts and be OPEN. I really am serious, I dont CARE if you dont agree. this is an open forum SUPPOSED to be. Start your own thread where you can all giggle and talk  :cr@p:

Please tell me what cables you compared and what you felt/heard/thought.

One example. vdHul "The First" was a lot of times recommended when a system is a tad "bright". now I used to say "Ag k@k man". Now I dont. So it "deviated" from the perfect conductor... just my feeling....

Share your thought! I KNOW you guys compared a LOT of cables.

Latest posts