Do you really need another one.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eben

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
When I built my current house in 1983, we planned a TV room on the top floor (a snug) and this sufficed until my kids left the nest.

It has always been more than enough. So with only me and my wife in the house I decided to upgrade to an Avantgarde system and for this I built a new music room. It has everything, fully connected to the web, BD player, DSTV, and music server.

Then, on Monday this arrived.

As you can see, a brand new 65? Samsung. And here is Ayanda helping me to unpack the TV for yet another TV room.

About Ayanda. Our gardener/handyman/security detail, Victor got married about 15 years ago and Precious moved in with him in his flat on the property. A year or so later Ayanda was born. A bundle of joy and the apple of her mom?s eye. The family lived a happy life. When she turned 5 we enrolled her in a cr?che near our house. She spent 2 years there and then we put her into the local Model C school. We appointed an au pair to take her to school and back, help with homework and help with sports training. She now plays for the first team netball and is+- top in her class.

Until about a year ago. Ayanda was 11 (and10 months) her best friend, care taker and mother, Precious, died from the dreadful scourge of our nation. We were all devastated but no-one more so than Ayanda. Many things happened but we ended up taking her into the house (although she has her own one-bedroom flat built for her on our property). She was desperately lonely, and although she was popular at school and had lots of friends, she missed her mom. Precious had a daughter from a previous relationship, Pinkey, 20 years old and starting a career in the defence force. Long story short, we convinced Pinkey to move in with Ayanda and what difference this has made. Here is Pinkey.... and Ayanda

We are a happy family once again. But what has happened with the two girls in the house, they occupy the TV room. We thought of several options of sharing and rules, until my wife decided to change our unused lounge (sitkamer) into another TV room for her. Here is the finished new TV room and it works well.

So, there is always space for one more TV room.