Disturbed by a Podacst

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joffieb

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Unless someone can hopefully point me in a refreshingly new direction, I have run out of decent audiophile podcasts to listen to. They all seem to arrive, interview Andrew Jones, the Dirac Frenchman, maybe the Schiit people and then last episode July 2019! The one that has hung around is called The Hifi Podcast with Darren and Duncan and I listen to these two monotonous droners for lack of anything else interesting. (There's only so many podcasts by ex-The Office one hit wonder actors you can endure about the filming of each episode).

So these two guys go on for an hour and a half, the first inordinately long section is about what they've done the past week and reminding everyone in EVERY EPISODE where they work and then they do a bit about the subject of the week. They are BIG tweakers. Sounds like they have lined their rooms with sticky stuff and panels so when you enter them I imagine it feels like we all do after wrestling with a tin of glue trying to fix a pool pipe. They also push $5K power cables.

What got me though was this week, they interviewed Paul McGowan from PS Audio (the company where one of the droners work), and Paul in a comment said the he admires the Emotiva guys but their stuff isn't audiophile.

That has thrown me. I'm so sick of the snobbery based on unquestionably subjective judgments.

Okay, that's all!

Latest posts