Demo room dolly up ideas

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drifter

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
So I have an itch to dolly up my demo room.

This is what it looks like (some of these photos are a bit dated and show past equipment - but just to give you an idea of the room):

Room is small, just 3m wide by 4.2m long. I just about get the 3 seats in there, the third being a thinnish tub chair else there is no room to squeeze past the the row of seats.

From two thirds  is painted a dark grey, rear one third is beige with some funky red stripes behind the surrounds.
Ceiling is dark grey (mat paint) with 3 down lighters
Front wall is dark grey (where the projector screen is)
The right hand side wall has a small window on the side which is stuffed with foam (so no light comes in). Two thirds of that wall is covered in curtains even though the window is small and towards the back of the room. The curtain hels a lot of acoustics.
The left hand side wall is bare with 3 movie posters.
The rear wall is bare with 1 movie poster.
The door in the back is covered with foam to help with keeping the sound contained.
The AV unit is my own invention - planks with bricks -> sexy in a rural kind of way .....
Projector screen basically takes up the entire front wall.

Equipment currently in use:
NAD T778 AVR
Rotel 1075 multi channel power amp
Samsung 8500 4k bluray player
Apple TV 4K
Edwards Audio TT
Full on Bentley 11 channel speakers
Twin SVS PB12 subs
Optoma UHD51 projector

I want to make this look more "high end" and less "cheap brothel".
Room is used to demo Bentley speakers but also for my own entertainment weekends.

Come on folks, give me some ideas please? I'm bad at interior design.

Latest posts