DAY 35 and still no sign of freedom

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonnyP

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
So, the last day of the first phases of lockdown is upon us.  Looking forward to being able to go for a 10km walk that isn?t around the garden, and possibly being able to buy some paint to watch dry rather than SABC news conferences.  After this time I?ve managed to sort out my flat to the point where I just have some recycling to chuck out and some old appliances to give to the charity shop (maybe level 2?), decided what needs painting and replacing (curtains looking a bit tired but probably level 2 as well for new ones).  Also reconnected with the joy of cooking and been making some preserves from the fruit and chili?s available in the communal garden (preserved lemons will need three more weeks before trying out, chilli sauce ready tomorrow and the prognosis is good and heat going to 11).

I?ve also (unlike the UK apparently) lost weight during lockdown through both healthier and more regulated eating, regulated alcohol intake, and lots of walking around the garden.  Our workplace wellness scheme (yeah, hippy bs I know), indicates my BMI is normal/green/good to go for the first time since about the age of 12 - so that?s a win of note.  The downside is that I need a new belt and/or braces as all my trousers are now at least one size if not two too small.

I?m also gaining a taste for out of date alcoholic drinks which will be fully tested with the only beers I?ll have left after tonight in the form of 10 yr old Castle lager.  The worst of SABs offerings to my taste but I found 16 bottles left over from a road trip and a party when tidying up.  Tonight?s beer will be the one I kept for the end of lockdown - Clockwork Brewery Berlin Blueberry Weiss (it is darn good), then it?ll be short rations until we can buy again (wine, bloody Mary?s and the aforementioned Castles).

Got quite a bit of work done too, but running out of data to write up now.