Day 26

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User121314

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Day #26

Today was a learning day.

I learnt that the phrase ?Social Media Manager? is akin to ?Useless Thieving Twat?. This is the third social media manager we?ve fired. They are NOT cheap. They are NOT effective. They ARE oxygen & wallet thieves.
Work that was supposed to be done, mailers that were supposed to be sent out, mailing lists that were supposed to be updated were not done. In fact, virtually nothing was done except for a few FB posts, the remainder done by yours truly.
The excuse? Lock-down. My highlighting the fact that they use a laptop & can easily WORK.FROM.HOME. (as they said they were going to do), was countered with ?But Lock-down? is all that was repeated.
?But no more payment? was my response.
Spent the morning doing what that twat should?ve done. So a productive morning too.

The next thing I learnt is that Hadedah?s are afraid of heights. Don?t believe me?
That is why they scream whenever they fly. (This from an 8 year old).

I also learnt that we are all participating in an experiment.
A Schrodinger virus experiment.
We cannot know if we have the virus or not, as we cannot get tested at whim.
So we must behave as if we have the virus so that we do not infect anyone else.
However we also have to act as if we do not have the virus, as if we did not have it we are not immune.
Accordingly, we both have and do not have the virus.
Thus, Schrodinger?s Virus

Also, if you do not understand this you are never allowed to discuss science ever again.  :ROFLMAO:
(With thanks to my mate Boris for this pearl of wisdom).

I also learnt (again), why I hate and at the same time love Honda Engineers. Love them for the longevity they engineer into their products. Hate them for the complicated maintenance procedures. Got half way to changing plugs & checking valve clearances on the Jazz. Half way because it takes an hour and a half to pull the car apart just to get to the coil packs/spark plugs & tappet cover.  :fuse:
Then folks wonder why a major service is so expensive? To Honda?s credit (the part I love about them once again) is that valves only need checking & plugs only need replacing every 105k km?s. It is 3 to 4 hour job though that requires dismantling half the front end of the car?
It shall be completed tomorrow. And/or the next day.

My son thought his vocabulary was complete. Until today. Just like last time I did this same job.  :point:

A random thought crossed my mind. It is illegal to buy hot food. (Well, it?s illegal to sell hot food, but same same). Does that mean when I get to Spar first thing tomorrow morning I must wait for the fresh bread & rolls that have just come out the oven to cool down before I can buy them? Asking for a friend.

Also. Brandy still tastes kak.