Day 25

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User121314

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Day #25

Homemade Pizzas for dinner last night. With cheese. And bacon. Lots of cheese. And lots of bacon. With no guilt as there was no vegan in the house.  :BWAHAHAH: It was good. Very Yum. The only thing that could have made it better would've been a beer.

Today was a bit of a reflective day. Reflecting back on what I've learnt about my fellow men during these past 25 days.

Social media has shown me all those imperative albums that influenced many of my friends musical tastes. It is perhaps time to reassess some friendships.  :ROFLMAO:

I've also discovered that many of my mates rival Jamie Oliver & Gordon Ramsay in culinary skills. I knew a few could go head to head with Gordon & his verbal acuity, just not so much about the meal prep & presentation.

Trump has gained many more fans. And haters. Not that I give a sh*t either way. Except maybe I (and we all) should. Trump fans like him because he dislikes the same people they do. A sure fire recipe for racism & xenophobia in these times. Just look at all the "don't buy Chinese" type groups popping up on social media with many 10's of thousands of people joining them.

Many folks are starting to arrive at an impatient "to hell with this" attitude, it sometimes seems a pity that the arrogant & stupid aren't targeted a little more precisely by this virus. Then again, between those eagerly watching the "Dr. SHIVA LIVE: Interview - Hidden Truth and Fraud of the Mainstream Media" and the "The Out Of The Shadows documentary lifts the mask on how the mainstream media & Hollywood " plus believing it is all to blame on 5G or Bill Gates it seems the one thing this has done is expose how many stupid people have masqueraded as normal for all these years! I have had some attrition of my social media friends due to them posting such nonsense. Seems stupid is also spelt "gullible".

I've also noticed how scared people are. Genuinely scared. Too scared to even act or DO anything. Whilst to me, concern is a good thing - I'm especially concerned for older family members, frail family & friends and those with known compromised immune systems, as well as the impoverished among us, I have not reached the stage of being scared yet. I guess that will come when there are folks piling bodies in the street as they pillage. And I have run out of ammunition. Yet I understand that some cannot help but be scared. And that they cannot move beyond their fear. We must try and be kind to them, something I have perhaps not been enough of.
For that I apologise.

One of the most surprising things has been the sheer number of experts that we have in our midst. Virology experts. Immunology experts. Epidemiology experts. Economics professors. Legal experts. Heck, I knew some of my mates and acquaintances were drinking experts, bike experts, even BS experts. Who would have thought there were so many multi-talented folks around. Again, there has been some attrition of the social media friends.

I am growing concerned about our government ministers & their over reach during this time. A lot of educated (no, these ARE experts) legal commentary is coming out regarding this. Things like our wannabee fascist transport minister (ex minister of police) submitting an amended AARTO bill for "comment". Without publishing the amended bill anywhere that the public can find or view it. He's been trying to ram various amendments to the bill through for a while, and has seized this time to try and do so under the radar. Plus Patel's decision to ban the serving of hot food. Plus the multiple reports of food parcels being expropriated by councilors or political party thugs. Plus the SAPS & SANDF criminality & brutality. The lawlessness that was semi-in-check at the beginning of this is now being exposed, as are the people who perpetrate it. We need to keep our wits about. And our blades sharp.

All of this reflection was done whilst completing the removal of the paperthorn bush. Whilst wearing my leather & carbon fibre knuckle protector bike gloves. Good thing I learn from experience!  :point: Paper thorns be damned!  :point: I was also informed that EVERY. SINGLE. THORN. I DROP. will become a new plant. There is now a large amount of soil in the back of my son's bakkie to go to the tip site. Plus an equally large hole in the part of the garden known as "previously neglected"...
WTF must I do with the hole? I was asked.
To be filled with topsoil I suggested?
But f*%king when, was the reply.
I'm not sifting the soil, nor returning it to the garden was my reply.

Impasse.

Sprayed all the weeds in the brick paving with weed killer too. Found a giant red ant nest. As in moerse groot ants. And gigantic nest. Poured 4 kettles of boiling water and a kilo of salt down the hole. That should see their non return. Added some weed killer down the nest just for the "because I can" of it. It was there. It was the remainder of 10 litres. I had to finish it.

The Indian Myna's have started to pester the other birds every morning when Resident 2 puts out bird food/seed. We reached the point some months ago where if I left the air rifle on the patio table they'd stay on the street side of the house. Seems their greed is influencing their common sense. Maybe they should run for government? The Rameron pigeons chase them away, but they are persistent (and loud) little buggers.

Resident 3 started Uni (online lectures) today. Duly inspired and brain reactivated he spent the afternoon designing a new set of bumpers for his mate's Cressida in Autodesk Inventor. He'll apparently design the molds tomorrow.

Stable yard owner arranged a Zoom session for Resident 4 & her horses. Much obliged to him for the time & effort running from stable to stable with his phone. It was good fun, but left Resident 4 feeling both happy at seeing them, but also sad at not seeing them in the flesh.

We have missed Resident 5 today. Her (loud) laugh & vivacious manner now gone, the house is a lot quieter. Too quiet. Although some of the silence may be because of the impasse over the hole in the garden  :angel:

We await Day #26

Latest posts