Choosing the right speaker cable

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgew

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, hope everyone had a good Easter break. Just need some advice on a good speaker cable.

I am running my sources into an Arcam Ir Dac, to a VA Exclame, to Sonor Audio Capellas. I quite like what I have and have decided to stick with these components for a little while hence the next upgrades for me to consider would be the accessories. In the near future (when funds are available), I intend to purchase a power conditioner, upgrade power cables, phono cables etc...but for now, I did notice some high quality speaker cables for sale and am wondering if these could be an improvement over what I currently have with regard to my system?

I'm currently using Audioquest Flx-Slip cables- 14AWG but I did notice that "funcrusha76" has a set of Atlas Hyper 3.5 and "stormy Norman" a set of cardas...since I do not have much experience with characteristics of different cables and especially how they would affect certain systems I would really appreciate advice on what to look for, or whether any of these cables would be a good, or better match for my current system.
I cannot use anything with a length less than 3m unfortunately so these seem pretty convenient.

Thanks in advance

Latest posts