Car battery - what a (non) start to the day

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vleisman

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
So the MX5 won't start this morning, the first kind-of cold day of the year. Not a huge issue usually. Today was more fun...

1. Parked last night with the roof down.
2. Can't find the jumper cables, they have disappeared.
3. Phone TW@T - new battery R2200, they have a sense of humour at least 
4. Google tells me Lombard tires has 25% off on Dixon batteries
5. Lombard Randburg has no stock, Newton branch in Jhb has stock - R750 odd.
6. Push start the car - cool. Except see point 1 - roof still won't close.
7. Newtown is in Jhb CBD - no roof = not fun, but what the hell
8. Use Waze and get there no problem, except 'there' is not where Lombard tires is
9. Try google maps, takes me on a merry trip for a while until it settles down, then takes me back to the same spot Waze did
10. Phone Lombard to get directions, but communication is difficult. Also road names have changed. Also roads signs are not that big a thing these days.
11. Call the beloved wife, she knows the area. Drive around, on the phone, getting directions, in Jhb CBD, with no roof. Not the most relaxing drive...
12. She eventually directs me - back to the same place that Waze and google took me :)
13. Phone Lombard tires again, and speak to someone that speaks slower - eventually find the place  :thumbs:

Get sorted and on my way to work, having missed the 9 o' clock meeting and get a call from wifey - her car won't start  :ROFLMAO:

I need one of those intelligent chargers from Family_Dog.

Latest posts