car audio update

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaptein oubaas

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Follow up on previous query.
I had:
1x DC Navara
2 x JBL split front doors (including 6x9's)
2x Ref Audio coaxial's in back door
1 Starsound class AB mono amp
1 x 10" starsound sub

I installed:
Kenwood DNX530 HU (R7k - 2nd hand)
Alpine class A/B 50x4 channel amp (R2k)
Kenwood class D 1000w mono amp (R1,7K)
Kenwood 12" sub. (R500 2nd hand)
Labour & wiring (R2,2k)

The kenwood mono wasn't planned, but got 2 amps for great price and then had to replace starsound sub. Luckily got great 2nd deal on sub.
Experience? Great musicality!!! Lacks bit of kick on drums but sure if I fiddle around with settings I will get there.
The best is there's something wrong with wiring = right front tweeter not working - still great sound! Cant wait to get that fixed.

Only downside:
I've discovered a serious problem with recording quality! Songs that sounded the same for years on various systems (including stereo hifi) suddenly shows a HUGE difference! This system is very unforgiving and I would have to replace the poorer recordings with only the best lossless recordings. Good recordings are fantastic but the rest I really find lacking.

Overall verdict:
Great system at relative value for money (dis 'n 'n k@khuis vol geld om op een slag uit te gee! - vir my anyway), even if settings is not perfect yet and there's trouble with tweeter. Really can't wait to get everything optimally setup.

PS: the 12" is a bit of overkill for a bakkie but I got a great deal @R500 so what the hell!! :giggle:

Latest posts