Can someone explain this pricing to me?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jes

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
So I quite enjoy a polk audio speakers and I actually feel they pretty good value for money usually. Bought a full home theater 5.1 setup about 12 years ago and they still there. Really enjoy listening to them. I've auditioned some of their bookshelves and quite enjoyed them. So I have been looking for a change and try something different so thought I would give their LSI range a listen. Here's the issue - price does not make sense to me.

Polk Rti A3 is $400 and retails here for about 7k which would put it at about an exchange of 17.5. So taking into shipping costs and exchange rates, etc something I could live with probably.

Polk LSI M703 is $750 but retails here at 24k which puts that exchange at about 32?? Seriously. The LSI is less than double the price in the US but more than three times the price here.

At 24k it puts this bookshelf in a category locally that has some amazing competition.

So my question is how is that the same brand from the same distributor can have such a discrepancy in price?

Latest posts