Cambridge Audio AXR100 or Yamaha A-S501

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AVDB

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Morning All,

I am currently looking for a integrated amp with more grunt that will drive my 4ohm Wharfies 25 - 150w better. I have the option between the Cambridge Audio AXR100 or the Yamaha A-S501. Unfortunately I am again in the position to do a blind purchase as I am to far away to go in for demo and have to rely on the forummites, reviews and info from the net to make a decision to purchase.

Specs
CA AXR100 - 100w@8ohm / suggests 115w@4ohm
A-S501 - 85w@8ohm / 120@4ohm / High Dynamic Power/Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms) 130/150/185/220 W

In terms of specs they are more or less the same. According to reviews the CA sounds and performs better. What Hifi states "the yami is good also but the A-S501?s composure falters a little when things get complicated. It starts to sound just a touch confused, losing track of subtle instrumental strands as the piece really gets going"

My mind is so far set on the CA, I am not willing to let go of the yami yet until I hear from the forumites. Comments are most welcome please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts