Calling silverware experts & Coffee aficionados

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deezil

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
I have a genuine question regarding silverware (not silver cable!) ... I found this "thing" in a cupboard while helping my parents move house a few weeks ago.

Luckily there was a brochure with it which told me that this is in fact a Neapolitan Espresso Pot made by a company called Sabattini, exact model is called the Filumena 2 and was apparently designed by some famous designer or architect. My idea is to sell the thing but since it's tarnished to hell and back I want to know whether I should first try to clean it myself or should I have it professionally cleaned? I only read good things about a product called Tarni-Shield but I can't seem to find anything locally which leads me to think I should rather have it cleaned.

I also would like to know where on earth I should I try to sell the thing (excluding the obvious local for sale section ... incidentally I heard rumors that coffee infused air really bring out the last inch of your systems capabilities  ;D)

Oh, and if you have any idea as to how to actually make coffee in this thing, please let me know ... apparently it's quite a process!

Edit: Wikipedia to the rescue

Latest posts