Boston A26, a very pleasant surprise for the price

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

AVForums Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
Now in my Study/workshop I have two 7" cabinets I designed and built myself in 2008 using all the science, calculators and theory and experience from building for the professional industry years ago.

They are raw MDF and I never finished the cabinets, they came out well and sounded exactly the way good speakers should. I have tried to replace these with a commercial set to make the room look better, I have tried Tannoy, B&W, Warfdale, Infinity, and some others. They never ever cut it - never had the punch, low bass response and smooth highs quite right and the ugly homemade cabinets went back up every time, for years.

I bought a set of Boston Acoustics A-26, 6.5" bookshelves here on the forum last week. taking them out the box I was immediately impressed at the piano black finish and good build quality I hooked them up to my reference system, not expecting much. Finally! I have found a replacement. Not perfect, and when pushed hard the highs can get a touch harsh, but for the price these sell for I have not ever found a better budget set of bookshelves, these things are simply excellent for the price - highly recommended if you are looking.

Latest posts